We are looking to recruit several play mentors to deliver physical activity sessions during lunchtimes in our local primary schools. Applicants must have experience volunteering or working with young people and ideally have experience delivering sports sessions to primary school age pupils.
Play mentors will be expected to:
- Deliver safe, engaging physical activity sessions every lunchtime
- Motivate and encourage all children to participate and become more active
- Act as an excellent role model at all times
- Adhere to the school behaviour and health & safety policies at all times
- Participate in additional staff training and share practice with other play mentor
Succesful applicants will be based in one primary school for the academic year (September to mid July) and will be expected to work 1.5hrs a day, Monday to Friday (11.50-1.20pm or 12pm-1.30pm depending on the school)
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is interested in potentially becoming a sports coach or gaining experience in an primary school. KSSP will be keen to support play mentors to become part time sports coaches in the future.
To apply for this job please complete the Playmentor-App form by Monday 22nd October, 12pm at the latest. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Alison Mapp on 07766922255